Here we go again! A major storm is about to head up the east coast. These few simple things you can do will help keep you and your home safer:
- Clean out gutters and down spouts
- Remove branches that are close to your house or hang over your roof
- Bring in all outdoor items including:
- lawn furniture and umbrellas
- yard tools
- pots and accessories
- trash cans
- Close fireplace dampers
- Know how to shut off: gas, water, electricity
- Have on hand:
- extra food and blankets
- Bring pets inside
Stay away from windows and be careful. Only 2 feet of water can carry a car away. Be alert and stay safe.
How did you prepare?