Do you have a smartphone or tablet? I use the iPhone and iPad. In fact, don’t know how I got along before them…
And, I use apps – everyday. Following are 15 of my favorite; some for business, some not. I hope you find them helpful.
- Gas Buddy – Find the cheapest gas! Gives a list of surrounding gas stations and their prices.
- TripIt -Travel organizer – All your travel emails and confirmations in one spot. You can share your travel info right from TripIt.
- Booking.com – Hotel reservations for over 170,000 hotels. Finds your location, shows nearby hotels and their rates.
- Nearby and AroundMe – Quickly find Restaurants, Cafes, Bars, Banks and other places near your current location.
- Maps – I went to the app store and couldn’t find the map app I use, so I suggest looking for one that suits your needs.There are maps available for the world, for countries, for cities and for locations (like Disneyworld). I use the map app almost daily to track the fastest way to my next destination. The one app I could probably never be without!
- MileBug – allows you to track where you went, the date, and the mileage. Great for business and tracking info for tax returns.
- CardStar – a great way to save store loyalty cards so you no longer need them in your wallet. And, cardstar sends you coupons for cards in your library. To redeem them, simply use your loyalty card at checkout and your coupon is also scanned.
- Key Ring Reward Cards – First card saver I used. Scan all loyalty cards, membership, library cards and coupons here. To add loyalty cards, simply scan the barcode on the card and it is automatically uploaded to Key Ring.
- Flashlight – Can’t tell you how many times I’ve used the flashlight apps on both my phone and iPad. Love them!
- Bump -Way too cool. Allows you to share contacts, photos, music, etc. by simply bumping two phones together.
- CardMunch – eliminates the need to save business cards. Simply take a photo of a business card. A live person at CardMunch enters all the data manually into your contact list. Even a photo of the business card is saved. This app was purchased by LinkedIn so you can now immediately invite anyone from your CardMunch list to link with you at LinkedIn. Very cool.
- NAR Express – National Association of Realtors – and you don’t have to be a Realtor to download it. Hot topics and headlines for the real estate industry.
- Trulia – Search homes for sale, for rent and area maps.
- Zillow – Shows home values, homes for sale, for rent, maps and more.
- Realtor.com – Homes for sale with photos and listing info on nearly any home for sale. Includes open house list.
These apps were all free when I downloaded them. Hope they still are. Anything you need? There’s probably an app for that!
Be sure to add your favorites to my list.