Is your glass half empty or half full?
Great news!! It depends largely upon you! You have control!
We’re inundated with bad news about the economy and drowning housing market. In spite of all the dismal reports, our business has never been better.
Here are some things you may not have considered:
- According to the Department of Labor, the July 2010 unemployment rate for North Carolina was 9.8. That means that over 90 per cent of the people in our state are employed! There is a huge pool of available buyers!
- Today’s fixed mortgage interest rates are as low as 3.75 percent! In December 1980, interest rates averaged 21.50 per cent. Interest rates today are 1.5 percent lower than they were in 1963. It’s time to get a loan!
- A June 2008 article by MSNBC stated that 1 out of every 3 homes is free and clear, no mortgage. Fully one third of all homeowners have no mortgage!
- A report by the U.S. Census Bureau and the Department of Housing and Urban Development shows that, among the 75.6 million owner-occupied homes in the country, 24.9 million were owned free and clear in 2007. Or, about one in three homes had no mortgage at all!
- Another MSNBC report shows that about 23 percent of all homes with mortgages (not all homes, just ones with mortgages) were behind in payments. That means that 75 percent of homes with mortgages are doing just fine.
Be careful to choose which statistics you pay attention to. It has a huge impact on the success or failure of your efforts. And remember, the economy you really need to worry about is your own micro-economy.
When life throws you lemons… yeah, whatever. Choose your response! Consider your options! Instead of either/or, can you take both? What have you created?